So… I recently decided to take out my crochet braids due to the lack of full care I was able to provide for my hair. I felt my hair was screaming “Wash me!” “Deep Condition me!”. So, I was compelled to take down my hair and give my baby its full treatment it deserved.
I take down process was very simple and I did an amazing job not cutting my actual hair out. But the moment I went to detangle my twa, CHUNKS of hair was shedding. I only had the crochet braids in for 3 weeks and it just seemed like WAY TOO MUCH hair was leaving my scalp!. I was very concerned at first so I immediately did some research on deep conditioners that would help with shedding as well as the itchy dry scalp I was dealing with.
After doing some research and looking at what I had in my house, I made my own homemade conditioner.
- I washed and detangled my hair as normal.
- I rinsed my hair with warm water and apple cider vinegar (to relieve my scalp of the dry and itchiness)
- DEEP CONDITIONER HOMEMADE TREATMENT
- 2 eggs
- Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
- I massaged the treatment into my hair and scalp
- Placed plastic bag over hair to create a green house effect
- Sat under hair dryer for about an hour
- Washed Product out and flat twisted hair using Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Souffle and Cantu Shea Butter, Tea Tree & Jojoba Hair and Scalp Oil.
It felt like LOVE on top of my head. My curls were moisturized and the natural curls were at its best. (I always find on wash day my curls are the Fleekiest)
That is pretty much my wash and co-wash routine. I am still trying to figure out will this be a weekly or monthly routine. I am thinking I will at least do a Warm apple cider vinegar rinse weekly to calm the itchy my scalp has experienced over the past 6 months. Any suggestions?
It is definitely a journey that requires me to learn along they way. I don’t have the answers and everything for me has been trial and error. But through the hardships, I am joyful and still LOVE my hair.